- Shuwa Kaiun Kaisha, Ltd. (SHUWA LINE)
- 10-2, Akasaka 3-chome, Miinato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052
Telephone : (+81)-3-3582-1711
Facsimile : (+81)-3-3589-0994
- May 1969
- Kazuyuki Hashiguchi - Director & President
- Eiji Tanaka - Managing Director
- Hideyuki Hashiguchi - Director
- Hiroshi Takahashi - Director
- Tatsuya Sakai - Director
- Arben E.Santos - Director
- Core Business
- Ship Operation
- Ship Owning
- Shipping Agent
- Chartering / Sale & Purchase Brokers
- Any Other Maritime Businesses
Shuwa Kaiun Kaisha, Ltd., (SHUWA) was established by Mr.Hideyuki Hashiguchi in May, 1969 in Tokyo, Japan as an operator and also cargo broker mainly for ore cargoes like manganese ore, chome ore and others from overseas countries to Japan.
By the commitment to provide the most reliable and quality services for cargo transportation, SHUWA has achieved a substantial expansion of shipping activities including operation of own ships, time-chartered ships and long term COA cargoes with traders.
In 1984, SHUWA entered into an agreement with Baliwag Navigation,
Inc., (BNI) Manila Philippines to act as an exclusive agent of Westwind Shipping Lines, Inc., (WESTWIND LINES) who is fully owned subsidiary company of BNI. WESTWIND LINES is engaged in liner service under Japan/Philippine Freight Conference. SHUWA also agreed to join as a partner to BNI's re-fleeting program started from 1990 based on newbuilding vessels with size in range of 7,000dwt and 11,600dwt. Currently total Four multi-purpose cargo vessels as own tonnage and additional time-chartered vessels are under operation for our liner trade and also tramping services.
- Business Activities
- Tramp Service - Transportation of Bulk Cargoes and Ore ( Ilmenite ore and Baryte etc.) from Southeast Asian Countries and India mainly to Japan.
- Liner Service - Exclusive Agent in Japan for Westwind Shipping Corporation under Japan / Philippines Freight Conference and Baliwag Navigation, Inc., Manila Philippines.
- Chartering Broker / Sale & Purchase Broker / Agency
- Investment to Shipowning with Other Partners.
- Major Customers / Shippers
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
JFE Steel Corporation
Tsuneishi Holdings Corporation
Kambara Kisen Co., Ltd.
Dole Japan, Ltd.
Mitui & Co., Ltd.
TRI-NET (JAPAN) Inc.
Marubeni-Itochu Steel Inc.
Tomiyasu & Co., Ltd.
Sumisho Global Logistics Co., Ltd.
JFE Shoji Trade Corporation
Metal One Office Corporation
The Sumitomo Warehouse Co., Ltd.
Sakai Trading Co., Ltd.
KAYFOUR DEVELOPMENT CORP.
Midas Metals Corporation
Mitsubishi Heavy Industires, Ltd.
Sojitz Logistics Corporation
Fuji Electric Systems Co., Ltd.
BOT Lease Co., Ltd.
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp., Jinbocho Branch
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp., Akasaka Branch
MUFG Bank, Ltd., Shinjyukudori Branch.
- Ships under Control
- M/V "ASIAN JEWEL" Philippine flag 11,630 TDW
- M/V "PACIFIC JOY " Philippine flag 11,630 TDW
- M/V "WESTWIND BLISS" Philippine flag 9,049 TDW
- M/V "WONDERFUL GRACE" Philippine flag 9,724 TDW